I had a busy (but very fun) weekend.
On Saturday Rahime came up and we went wine tasting with some of my friends. We drove up to Apple Hill to visit the El Dorado county wineries, which was probably not the best planning because it seems that everyone in the state decided that Saturday was the time to go to Apple Hill. Nevertheless, it was a beautiful day, and I truly enjoyed being outside up there enjoying all that beauty and the company of my friends. We also tasted some pretty interesting wine.
Saturday evening Rahime and I just made it back to town in time to go to the ballet. The main event for the evening was "Where the Wild Things Are", but I really enjoyed the other two ballets on the program more. Where the Wild Things Are was good, the fact that the dancers could move so well in ten-foot monster costumes is amazing. The other ballets were "Western Symphony" and a ballet choreographed by the artistic director of the Sacramento Ballet called "Etosha". I enjoyed Western Symphony, it was a lot of fun, particularly the second movement. Etosha was my favorite. It was a more contemporary piece that was evocative of African wildlife. The movement was all very creative and beautiful, and it was so unique, intense and interesting. I really enjoyed the movement of the dancers in this piece, it looked very animal-like.
The one sad thing is that I was so tired by the time we got to the ballet that I fell asleep for part of Where the Wild Things Are.
True to form, I had my camera all day and forgot to take any pictures. Some day I am going to get better at that.
See Rahime's comments on the day here.
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Saturday
Posted by Jessica at 8:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment