I am halfway through my pregnancy this week. It seems like I have been pregnant forever, even though most people still can't really tell I'm pregnant unless they are looking for it. Things have gotten much better recently. Mostly because I can tell that I'm pregnant for reasons other than being tired.
I do have a bit of a belly now. It seems huge to me because I have never really had a belly before, I just don't gain weight there. More important, I can feel our little girl thumping around in there most days. I can't feel her too much unless she becomes annoyed by the increasingly tight waistbands of my pants, but it is nice to know she's in there.
The best part is that I finally feel maternal. I am not a baby person and I am still not interested in anyone else's baby, but I am finally looking forward to having mine. The first few times the doctors showed me pictures of our little one, I felt a mixture of panic and indifference. Last week I really enjoyed watching her squirm around and hide from the ultrasound thingy. I was really excited to see her little face and I want to see her again.
September seems a long way away and I am still not looking forward to the childbirth business.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Halfway Done
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment