In all the excitement of the weekend, I forgot to mention that I had a job interview on Tuesday. The interview was for a position in the Department of Justice. Now, I have applied for several jobs with the DoJ, and for some reason, I assumed it was for one certain job that I applied for recently rather than one of the other positions that I applied for quite a while ago that I had written off because I am sure I didn't put enough postage on the envelopes.
Anyway, I was rather perplexed that the interview was in the main office of the Attorney General rather than in the office I would be working at, but I figured I was meeting with HR people or something. Needless to say, I had prepared to interview for the wrong position in the wrong department and needed to immediately be ready to sell a different set of skills than I had prepared for. I think the interview went rather well, all things considered, but under the circumstances, I don't think they will offer me the job.
Today I got a call from a woman with the California Conservation Corps asking me to come in for an interview for a postion I applied for at least six weeks ago. So I have gotten more job interviews in the last week than I have in the last eighteen months. I am not sure about this job. I would like the work much better than the job at the attorney general's office, but I really want to work at the Department of Justice. In the meantime, I am going to have to pray and trust that God will lead me to the best job for me regardless of what I think.
That is the update. It looks like I am on my way to becoming a government bureaucrat.
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Finally
Posted by Jessica at 2:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment